Follow

Commercial HEPA flow hoods are expensive. I made a small HEPA filter from a catch basin (Lowes Item # 118877), a vacuum bag, wood, adhesive, and a squirrel cage blower.

I used the wood to mount the filter fabric.. The installed finished assembly works great. By that, I mean that the air flow is what I wanted: not too much or too little.

Sign in to participate in the conversation
Makerdon

Makerdon is a Mastodon instance focused on Makers, Open Source Hardware (OSHW) and STEM/STEAM. Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) is a likely topic as well. If you're interested in making things, allowing others to build on your work, and/or teaching others about making things, you might like this instance.